Wednesday, August 15, 2012

OUCH!

Well, I consider myself lucky to have made it 3 1/2 years without a emergecy trip to urgent care! But, that ended today =(  We were headed to the park, Bakota started down the stairs (we are on the 2nd floor and the stairs are concrete) and was down about two steps when he started to fall foward, I was able to reach out and grab him but that made him fall backwards and hit the back of his head on the edge of the top step =( I felt horrible but was so glad he didn't fall forward because it could have been so much worse.  I knew right away it was bad by the sound and his cry =( Long story short, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, once the Dr got it cleaned up it wasn't very deep and didn't need stitches, thank goodness!  He glued it together and we were on our way!! Bakota is so tough but he comes every once in a while and says "bonk" "ouch"! Poor little monkey.

Here we are waiting for the Dr, by now he had stopped crying and was running around so I knew he was ok =)  The pictures are on my phone so they are kind of fuzzy.


This is before we saw the Dr.

After it was cleaned up

The support team =)


All glued up and ready to go!


I took this just know, so about 12 hours after it happened

We can't get it wet for 48 hours, so not being washed, having a little glue in his hair and from the swelling he has quite the duck tail =)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Poor baby! Glad it wasn't worse than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor thing!! We have had a few bloody moments over the last years and they are never easy!

    ReplyDelete