Tuesday, October 11, 2011

School!

In an effort to keep Akstel busy (and his mother sane!!!) we are starting "school"! This is what were calling it because he thinks school is really awesome!  The other day he put on his backpack and told me he was going to school like "Keesha and Grandma"!!  So, we've been working on his alphabet some and I thought we would start this week and focus on one letter a week.  We'll see how it goes and maybe we'll throw in a shape and color.  Anyways, we're starting this week with the letter "A".  If you have any suggestions for books, crafts, activities, songs or anything really, I would love to hear them!  (For any letters, we'll try to do them all in the next 26 weeks!)  We started yesterday and he thought it was really fun!  He now knows that Arthur and Akstel start with A!!!! We have more planned for the week and then I'll blog all of our pictures!

4 comments:

  1. Check out this blog...http://wilkinsonquints.blogspot.com/ she has neat ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started "schooling" Deysi this year as a trial run for maybe homeschooling in the future. I've noticed that it helps her be nicer to her sister as an added bonus! Probably because she's getting that one on one time she was used to before Kale came along. We use a book I found in Walmart. It's a preschool book that contains both English and Spanish! Helps me to brush up on my Spanish and helps her to start to learn it. It's Crayola brand and that's where I found it, in the Crayola section. If your Walmart doesn't have a Crayola section, then I have no idea where it'd be!

    My mom has a great book, which I want to get, called "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons." But it helps if you kid is wanting to read. If they don't, then you'll both end up pretty frustrated.

    That's all I can think of for now. Google is a great source! Just google preschool activities and it'll bring up a ton of amazing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to post to Jodi's lastest blog post, and blogger won't let me. Could you pass this link on to her? http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/letter-of-the-week This lady has TONS of info/resources Jodi might like. Some is free, some she charges a bit for (it's worth every cent) our kids love it!
    By Ben, Heather and kids on Polka -a-dot and a bow:) Today's sewing:) htt... at 11:36 AM

    ReplyDelete