Friday, October 28, 2011

Books!

Jessie had a post a few days ago, here about some of their favorite books, so here is one about ours =)  Last night after I put Bakota in his bed and was reading to Akstel, he wasn't sleeping but watching us.....so, we decided he should be part of storytime at night too! It made him a happy little camper!  Akstel was up early this morning (Mommy time!) so he read some books beside me.
Llama Llama books are definetly the favorite around here, but since we did Dr. Suess's "10 Apples Up On Top" that has been a nightly request!  I have been downloading audio books from the library so that I have something to listen to at the gym or while doing things around the house, which is awesome!  I saw a recommendation of "Leaving" by Karen Kingsbury but there was a mile long wait list so I found another one of her series about 9/11.  Really really good books!  All of her books are classified under Christian, so they are very clean.  I finished all three of those and finally got the audio book of "Leaving" which was also good. They didn't have the second on in that series, "Learning" so I had to do it the old fashioned way and check it out!  I got it Monday and because it is a new book, it is only checked out for 7 days......finally opened it last night but not sure if I'll be able to finish it by Monday =)  I have finished "Even Now" and am in the middle of "Ever After" which is really good! About a soilder in Iraq.  I love that her books are based around what is going on in our country. 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE Karen Kingsbury books and wait anxiously for whatever she writes next! Llama Momma books were so fun....now we are in the days of reading "Where The Red Fern Grows" and such. Those are fun too, though! =-) Happy reading....

    ReplyDelete