Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Alaphabet Rocks

I saw this idea from I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar for Alphabet Rocks and I loved it!  I really want to teach Akstel the alphabet and were working on his colors.

I found a bag of rocks and paint at Wal-mart.




After painting the letter I followed her suggestion and outlined it with a black marker and it looks so much better! It covers my not so perfect artistic skills! 

Then I painted it with clear nail polish instead of buying a sealer. 

And here they are! 

I also did numbers and I still have some rocks left so I may add in shapes. 

I had saved these crystal light containers for......something?!?!? They work perfect to store the rocks in!  Then I decided to make each one a color so he can work on matching them.  But when that got old, he put the rocks in and dumped them out.......and repeat.......and repeat......you get the idea! 


I was amazed at how fast he started recognizing the colors and matching them up! Hooray! 



He was pretty proud of himself too! 

(were one container short for our green rocks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment